Introduction to Mindfulness, Introduction to Zen, a Zoom virtual meeting
March 26, 2020, 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Event: The ZUUM ClassrUUm (Tonight’s Topic: Introduction to Mindfulness, Introduction to Zen)
When: 7:00 pm Thursday, March 26st, 2020
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/588123615
(alternative connection): Zoom phone number: 929-205-6099, Meeting ID: 588-123-615, Participant ID: just hit # key
o Curious about meditation? Wondering about some easy ways to try meditation?
o Did you know that even 5 minutes of meditation can be highly beneficial?
o Did you know that there are different forms of meditation? And different positions for meditation? sitting meditation, walking meditation, mindful movement
o Did you know that gathas are mindfulness verses you can use during everyday activities? There are gathas for washing dishes, turning on lights, and many many more
o Are you curious about Zen and wondering where you can learn more
o We’ll start with these topics, and we’ll practice some short and simple types of meditation together, then open up the floor to any meditation/mindfulness/zen topics you’d like to explore together!
The Zuum Zone is a new program for UUCT from the Building Community pillar.
· These are virtual meetings for checking in, socializing, sharing, and connecting through the Zoom platform.
· Don’t be scared of new technology! It’s great fun! See attached picture for a sense of what it’s like to be with your fellow UU’s via zoom!
· If you are not sure about how this technology works, it’s really not hard at all!
· You just download the zoom app on your computer, ipad/tablet, or iphone/smartphone and then click the links below to join!
· We have a Zoom 101 guide for you, just let me (Lynn) know if you need one (we are updating right now).