Zen Meditation Retreat, Day 1
March 22, 2019, 6:45 pm - 9:30 pm
· Friday evening and Saturday 3/22: 6:45pm – 9pm and 3/23: 7:30am – 3:30 pm.
· An evening and day of practice in the Soto Zen tradition, led by a dharma-entrusted lay teacher. Activities include sitting and walking meditation, chanting, lunch, dharma talks. This meditation retreat is designed for individuals with previous experience in silent sitting meditation. Previous experience in the Soto Zen tradition is not necessary & guidance in the Soto Zen forms will be provided throughout retreat. Practitioners of any form of silent meditation who wish to learn more about the Zen traditions are welcome.
· $20 and a contribution to the potluck lunch. Please bring your payment to the retreat. Email the organizers (below) in case of financial hardship – no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
· Dana (donations) for the teacher will also be accepted at the retreat.
RSVP and REGISTRATION:
· Please RSVP as soon as possible – this allows us to begin to plan.
· We understand that schedules are busy and can change; we allow for final registration up to 8pm Wednesday March 20.
· To RSVP/register, please send email to: TuscaloosaZen@tuscaloosazen.com, use the subject line RETREAT REGISTRATION (or RETREAT RSVP) with the following information: 1) Name, phone, email 2) brief description of meditation experience & tradition/type.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
· Please see the Tuscaloosa Zen Meditation Circle facebook page (you do not need to be a facebook member to view this page): https://www.facebook.com/Tuscaloosa-Zen-Meditation-Circle-265127256832169/
QUESTIONS: contact firstname.lastname@example.org.