It was unforgettable seeing 800 UUs wearing bright yellow “Standing on the Side of Love” t-shirts marching across the Edmund Pettus Bridge at Selma honoring those who bravely crossed it 50 years ago. Many of the UUs marching with us had the names and locations of their congregations printed on the back. It made for an impressive sight!
Our UUCT Social Justice Team is providing the opportunity for you to own such a shirt. Each shirt will have our church’s name and location printed on the back. If you already own a “Standing on the Side of Love” t-shirt and want our church’s name and location on it, bring it; and we will have it printed for you. This is not a fundraiser. We want to equip our members and friends with one of these special shirts.
- Cost: New printed shirts will sell, at cost, for $20. Printing on back of worn shirts will cost $3. Shirts with no printing will cost $17.
- Cash, check, or credit card payment is due when placing an order for shirt or printing. Checks should be made out to UUCT with t-shirt on the memo line.
- Beginning Sunday, Oct. 16, purchase a shirt or printing at the table in the sanctuary.
- We will only have one printing.
- All orders must be in by Sunday, Nov. 13.
- If you want printing only, bring the shirt to UUCT by Nov. 13. Write your name on masking tape and tape to the front of the shirt. Worn shirts should be clean and smooth.
This shirt would make a great stocking stuffer for the holidays. Don’t miss out on this special opportunity!