Planning the UUCT Auction has begun! If you’re new to the auction, here’s how it works — The auction is a traditional fundraiser with multiple purposes:
- Raising money for UUCT
- Filling out our social calendars with fun events while getting to know each other
- Picking up or letting go of some really cool stuff
The event itself is a fun-filled evening with refreshments, good natured bidding wars, and entertaining auctioneers who keep things hopping.
Here are some FAQs about the big event:
Q. Is this a service auction or are there tangible items for sale?
Q. Silent or Live Auction?
Q. Is admission charged and may I invite friends?
A. No admission will be charged and we encourage you to invite your friends and family. The more the merrier!
Q. Are credit cards accepted?
Q. Will childcare be available?
A. Yes, but a reservation is required.
Q. What can I donate to the auction?
A. There are many types of great auction donations:
- High quality items such as art, pottery, jewelry, and baked goods
- Social events such as a dinner at your home, a boat ride, a dinner that you deliver to someone else, your expertise in the form of lessons or demonstrations of languages, music, cooking, or any other fun reason to get together!
- Services such as babysitting, transportation to the airport, yard work, cleaning, and organizational help
Q. I really want to help make this happen. Who do I contact with donations or to volunteer for the night of the event?
A. Karen Tenbarge (email@example.com) or Beki Spurrier (firstname.lastname@example.org) will help get you signed up for something.
Q. Where and when will this completely fabulous event take place?
A. UUCT, Saturday evening September 14 at 6:30 pm. Wine and cheese will be served during the silent auction from 6:30-7:30. Mark your calendar now and plan to be there!